Listed below are some of the more common security software vendors and how our software interacts with these programs. If you are using an antivirus product that is not compatible with the Security Suite software and you wish to use the Security Suite software, you must uninstall your existing security software.
You will need to contact your specific software vendor for proper removal instructions.
1. The Web Based Install Wizard is able to detect and remove the following applications prior to the installation of the security suite.
- Norton Internet Security 2004, 2007, 2008
- Norton AntiVirus - Norton 360, Norton Antivirus 2004, 2006, 2007
- McAfee AntiVirus 10.0.0.21
- McAfee AntiVirus 2007
- McAfee Security Center
- AVG Anti-Virus - version 7.5, 8.0, 8.5 and AVG (free version)
- AVG Anti-Spyware
- Trend Micro Internet Security Suite 2008
The Web Based Installation Wizard displays a conflicting program.
The Web Based Installation Wizard will run the conflicting program's uninstaller.
2. The following security software is not compatible and must be uninstalled for the Security Suite software to work properly.
The Web Based Installation Wizard displays a program that is not compatible.
- Sygate Personal Firewall - version 5.6
- McAfee Firewall
- Trend Firewall
- Agnitum Firewall - version 1.0
- Norton Firewall - version 2006
- Norton Security Suite 2009
- Norman Personal Firewall - version 1.42 and 1.00
- Norman AntiVirus - version 5.9
- Trend AntiVirus - version 2007
- Avast AntiVirus - version 4.7
- Sophos AntiVirus - version 4.15
- Kapersky Anti-Virus - version 6.0 and 7.0
- Panda AntiVirus 2007 and 2008
- Windows Live One Care
- Bit Defender 2008
- F-Secure 2008
- Symantec Endpoint Protection
The icon will appear in grey when the antivirus is off due to a non compatible program.
3. The following programs perform identical functions and may cause performance issues on your machine. Both can be installed simultaneously, but we recommend that only one is used at a time.
- eTrust Personal Firewall
- ZoneAlarm eTrust Personal Firewall - Tiny Personal Firewall 2.0
- Windows XP Firewall
- Windows Vista Firewall
- Windows 7 Firewall
- Panda Antivirus 6.0
- F-Prot Antivirus
- ZoneAlarm eTrust Antivirus - version 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124
- ViRobot Anti-Virus - version expert 4.0
The Wizard detects the Windows Firewall and the Firewall box is unchecked.
The Security Suite loads with the firewall disabled.
4. The following antivirus vendors are detected. The Security Suite software antivirus solution is not enabled. You will receive a message that you can have your existing antivirus solution and the other Security Suite software features - but not the Security Suite software antivirus.
- Norton Antivirus Suite 2005 Panda (AV Platinum 7.0)
- Kaspersky (Personal Pro 5.0)
- F-Prot (V.3.15 )
- Zone Alarm with Anti-virus
- EZ Armor Suite 2005
- VI Robot Expert 4.0
[end of article]