If you are encountering an issue with Safe Browser not responding in the Safe Central environment and have AVG installed, this may be due to an incompatibility issue between Safe Central and AVG Internet Security. To verify that the issue is caused by AVG blocking the application, kindly test by temporarily disabling AVG by doing the following:
- Right-click the AVG icon in the system tray next to the clock.
- Click Temporarily disable AVG protection.
- Choose how long you want the protection to be disabled and whether to disable the Firewall as well, and then click OK.
- Double-click on the Safe Central tool bar to enter the Safe Center environment.
- Double-click on the Safe Browser icon in the top left hand corner to see confirm that it is working again.
If you are able to access Safe Browser with AVG temporarily disabled, a workaround is to disable the AVG identity protection component by doing the following:
- Go to control panel and select programs and features.
- Right-click on AVG 2015 and choose change.
- An interface get appears, in that select add or remove features.
- It will redirect you to another window, in that there will be a list of AVG features enabled.
- Uncheck the Identity protection and click ok.
- Complete the repair process.